The hotel – Gasthof Steinegger *** is an ideal destination for a totally relaxing holiday and is in the perfect position to explore the beautiful, natural surroundings of the local countryside. Located in Appiano on the Wine Road, one of the most important wine area in South Tyrol, it offers an exclusive panorama from the terracing at an altitude of 600 meters.
The hotel – Gasthof Steinegger *** is much more than a hotel. The owneing family Eisenstecken delights guests with typical dishes of South Tyrolean cuisine combined with a wide choice of appetizers from Italian culinary culture. The delicacies are offered inside the restaurant and on the panoramic terrace, in the “Bauernstube” and finally in the shade of the portico during the summer months.
- The property needed to renovate and expand the old kitchen with more innovative and high performance equipment.
- The union between the old building and the new structure was particularly sensitive and needed to be designed and executed with particular care.
- A custom designed kitchen was therefore necessary to accommodate the numerous structural constraints of the project.
- The customer selected Niederbacher as the kitchen design and build contractor and Ambach as the catering equipment manufacturer. The company’s detailed design proposals and use of technology immediately convinced the Eisenstecken family.
- A cooking suite from the System 850 modular line was chosen, equipped with both electric and appliances.
- The main island is equipped with induction hobs, pasta cookers and solid tops from the System 900 line, featuring larger cooking surfaces. The pasta cooker was specially designed to incorporate a Sous-vide setting to offer an alternative cooking method.
- Thanks to greater flexibility and the high performance guaranteed by Ambach, the new kitchen can now serve up to 400 meals a day, 250 seats and 90 hotel guests.
- The electrical equipment has been connected via an energy optimization system that can offer potential savings of up to 30% in energy use.
- Whilst the entire renovation project lasted a year, the installation of the cooking system took place quickly and smoothly over a period of just 10 days! Following the commissioning and handover process, the experts at Niederbacher undertook the training of the chef team the prior to the reopening.
- The consultant team included Hannes Hofer (Niederbacher) and the designer Markus Sölva (Niederbacher).