Located in the heart of London’s West End, The Londoner is a major new development on the World renowned Leicester Square. Maximising the value of the location whilst complying with strict planning laws required innovative design solutions and resulted in a spectacular development with the deepest habitable grade commercial grade basement in London. Amongst the deepest in the world, there are 6 levels below ground totalling some 30 meters in depth and with 9 levels above, housing 350 rooms, 35 suites, an underground pool & spa, cinema and a ballroom capable of seating 850 guests. As you would expect there is also a variety of restaurant and bar options to choose from in this luxurious “super-boutique” 5 star hotel.
Inaugurated in September 2021, The Londoner has attracted great interest from the outset, hosting many well-known events, including London Fashion Week.
- It was necessary to make the best use of available space and maximize production through high-performance and flexible solutions with both gas and electric equipment.
- The design needed to incorporate one-piece top suites, modular back to back islands and also included counter-top appliances for the finishing kitchens.
- Thanks to the great flexibility of across the Ambach range, design consultant Humble Arnold Associates developed a solution that ensured compliance with the highest hygiene standards and that harmoniously incorporates the structural columns within the cooking areas of the building.
- The selected equipment from the Ambach System 700, 850 and 900 lines supplied by the kitchen contractor Berkeley Projects is installed over 5 floors and includes the banqueting and staff kitchen, fine dining front of house as well as satellite kitchens, each with their own unique requirements for bulk cooking, a la carte and finishing.
- ” Ambach have been nothing but consistent, from design intent, through to design development & delivery. A robust, honest, transparent approach from concept through to completion, inclusive of client handover. An absolute joy & credit to the Berkeley team” – Phil Denne, Managing Director – Berkeley Projects.
- “Ambach were a pleasure to work with, the attention to detail and approach to coordination were fantastic, the quality of the suites were brilliant. Very hard wearing and easy to use. The chefs are over the moon” – Connor White, Lead Project Manager – Berkeley Projects