The Tyrolean mountain village of Serfaus is situated in the midst of a breathtaking mountain landscape. At 1,427 metres above sea level, the 1,100-strong community of Serfaus is one of the sunniest holiday resorts in the Alps. It offers families, gourmets and sports enthusiasts summer and winter relaxation in a unique atmosphere, the holidaymakers here get both: todays highest level of comfort with the original charm of yesterday.
The Hotel Cervosa in Serfaus in the skiing and hiking region Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis has been owned by the Westreicher family for 60 years. Although much has changed in that time, their mission has remained the same: to provide their guests with an unforgettable holiday.
The passionate hosts ensure the guests unrestricted well-being, especially those with a love for gastronomy, in the Alps most endearing 5 star hotel. Morning starts with a wholesome breakfast buffet in athletes’ corner consisting of many hearty but healthy Tyrolean delicacies. Lunch is typically in the wellness vitality buffet with a choice of sweet and spicy dishes and the day ends with a 6-course gourmet menu supplemented with salad, dessert selection and an exquisite range of cheeses from the buffet, if you have room. Guests can dine in seven differently designed rooms, from the rustic farmhouse parlour to the elegant salon from the imperial era.
- The customer needed high-performance equipment for his 5-star hotel in Serfaus. Fine cuisine is served to guests of the hotel around the clock. Natural gas was already available and desired by the customer. Therefore, the choice quickly fell on Ambach, as the manufacturer is known for both gas and electrical appliances with the highest performance.
- 250 – 300 à la carte meals are prepared daily so the kitchen equipment needed to be ready and fast for timely service.
- In addition to high quality and performance, the priorities for the customer included: efficient processes in the kitchen, maximum flexibility of each appliance in the tailor-made kitchen, high energy efficiency and hygiene standards as well as ease of use, benefiting from intelligent control systems.
- The System 850 line from Ambach is a particularly flexible line, refined but suitable for everyday use and can be utilised in a wide variety of applications.
- It guarantees maximum hygiene, all appliances are welded into the seamless hygienic cover.
- Surfaces such as gas burners, fryer wells and grease drainage channels, have rounded corners with large radii making them easy to clean and base units are manufactured with welded/polished linings in H3 hygiene standard.
- In accordance with the requirements of the à la carte kitchen, the cooking block has 14 open gas burners for maximum flexibility, a pasta cooker and a griddle plate with Ambach Thermoblock heating technology. 2 Bains-Marie, a Salamander support, and warming drawers on both sides of the cooking block were integrated towards the pass.
- The 4-meter-long suite can be further extended by means of folding shelves on both ends when needed.
- Due to the size of the cooking block, bespoke protective frames were manufactured to able an upright delivery of the block by the specialist kitchen installation team.
- The block stands on a stainless steel plinth, which was also designed and manufactured by Ambach.
- The timescale for completion of the project was extremely short at only two months – yet the kitchen was ready in time thanks to the excellent teamwork.
- Project manager was Georg Falkner, successful in the implementation with the team of MKS Falkner