Barnsley College is one of the UK’s foremost Colleges for the study of Hospitality and Catering. In 2013 the College underwent a massive redevelopment, creating many superb new facilities available to the students, it has become one of the most modern and efficient schools in the country. It offers a course of studies dedicated to those who wish to undertake a career in the hospitality and catering sectors.
- The College required new, innovative kitchens for its students at all levels. Kitchens that provided a complete commercial working experience, using the very latest and highest levels of equipment available.
- The College wanted to create the most technologically advanced and modern training kitchens in England and facilities that would be seen as the bench mark for education.
- To satisfy the needs of lecturers and students alike and recognising the particular needs of the facilities, plus the intensity of the use of the kitchens during student training, all equipment needed to be reliable, robust and durable.
- Working with Design and Project Consultant Jason Fish of HK Projects, Ambach supplied a wide range of modules creating customised double service island suites, featuring a mix of cooking technologies and power types.
- Besides build quality, it was extremely important that impeccable hygiene standards were delivered, that the equipment was easy to clean and that technical assistance and spare parts were only a phone call away.
- Ambach proposed the
- System 900 series, which thanks to its hygienic one piece work top, wide radius corners and solid frame in stainless steel, ensures the highest levels of hygiene, quality and durability.Different kitchens were supplied with custom, double service units to allow more students to work simultaneously.
- The variety of modules offered by Ambach provided complete freedom during the design process, allowing each kitchen to be perfectly tailored to the level of the students, the available space and the techniques taught.