In May 2021 Kerzner International Group opened in Montenegro, the first European super luxury resort of One&Only Portonovi. Positioned at the entrance of Boka Bay, a fjord-like idyll on Montenegro’s Adriatic Sea, One&Only Portonovi is the jewel of Europe’s most fashionable new riviera. In addition to the hotel complex consisting of 113 rooms, suites and swimming pools, the resort has also a residential district of sumptuous villas, each with a private beach and pool. Perfectly in balance with the chic, waterfront location, World-class dining is offered by the à la carte restaurant ‘Sabia’, which bears the signature of Giorgio Locatelli, offering a refined and contemporary menu. In addition, the guest has opportunities to appraise the choices offered by ‘Tapasake Club’, Japanese restaurant, and ‘La Veranda’ with its authentic Montenegrin cuisine.
- High-performance kitchens were needed to meet the needs of the various restaurants: 116 indoor and 84 outdoor seats for ‘La Veranda’, 81 indoor, 64 outdoor and another 100 covered by the pool for ‘Tapasake Club’. Finally, another 15 seats inside and 28 outside for the bar.
- Versatility – It was essential to combine the needs of very different kitchens by integrating multipurpose equipment.
- Ambach proposed the Chef 850 line, capable of combining the demand for high performance
and customization with exclusive finishes and unique details.
- As required, to meet the different needs, Ambach integrated some special equipment: from pasta cookers to induction ranges, from multifunction bratt-pan to griddles and fryers, to name just a few.
- In the kitchens of restaurant ‘Tapasake’, the modules of both islands are connected utilising the exclusive Ambach junction system, providing a waterproof junction between appliances and work-tables.
- The unique solid and robust hygienic tops are able to withstand sudden changes in temperature and adapt perfectly to any type of configuration.
Thanks to the smooth surfaces, rounded edges and neutral bases in full H3 standards, Ambach kitchens have also proved to be the optimal choice in terms of ease of cleaning and hygiene
For the design and construction of the kitchens, Ambach worked together with the consulting company Gastro-Tim. Work began in 2019 and ended at the beginning of 2021. The total area occupied by the kitchens is more than 2000 square meters and also includes open kitchens with live cooking stations.
The communication between the partners involved was excellent. The overall result met the required delivery times and achieved the high level of customer expectations in terms of the quality and performance of both the Ambach product and the punctuality in the installation.