Ranked as the best hotel in Oxford, the 17th century Old Parsonage is situated in the heart of this historic city at the end of the beautiful boulevard St Giles. It is a couple of minutes’ walk from the Ashmolean & surrounded by some of Oxford’s best restaurants & bars.
The recent refurbishment has seen the addition of a specially curated first floor library with terrace. The new-look restaurant, bar & Pike Room, retain their intimate, bohemian, clubby atmosphere, serving British classic dishes with a light, modern touch. The restaurant & terrace are open all day, enjoy our famous afternoon teas in the company of Oxford’s academic & literary elite.
- To create a state of the art kitchen and new bar.
- Consultants SeftonHornWinch, Head Chef Steve Smith and his team use the best produce, cooked simply to create classic British dishes with a modern, light touch.
- A new pastry section guarantees the Parsonage will remain the place to have afternoon tea in Oxford.
- Due to the small size of the kitchen a compact electric kitchen was best needed including new technologies from induction cooking.
- Ambach recommended Chef 850 due to its unique joining system for the ease of changing over new equipment as volumes increase.
- Due to the size and potential heat that could be caused by gas appliances Ambach recommended Chef 850 Induction ranges.
- Using induction will create a much cooler kitchen
- The Ambach cooking suite met the requirements and helped to improve productivity and efficiency, they have also seen gains in performance and our ability to guarantee the delivery of excellent food quality has been optimised.