Kart Palast Funpark is an amusement park for the whole family covering a surface area of over 4,000 square metres in Bergkirchen, near Munich. Known for its indoor track for electric go karts, which is the biggest in the world, Kart Palast Funpark is also the ideal place for various types of events, wedding receptions and corporate events can be organised in the special Event-Stadl space.
As well as the three go kart tracks which cover a total length of 1.5 km, there is also an indoor miniature golf course with 14 holes on artificial grass and a bowling alley with 6 lanes.
Funpark also offers top-class catering thanks to the excellent à la carte menu at Kart Palast-Stadl, a cosy and warm refuge which serves typical Bavarian specialities.
- Kart Palast Funpark wanted to add to the opportunities for fun and amusement with a quality menu based on regional and seasonal Bavarian specialities.
- For the occasion of the extension of the go kart track the Kart Palast Stadl restaurant together with the upper floor, the Event Stadl hall for events was built, covering a total surface area of around 400 square metres.
The restaurant kitchen also has to cater for other visitors to the Funpark, including the spectators in the stand of the go kart track and guests in the miniature golf and bowling areas.
- This required a very powerful and rugged range as Chef Thomas Appelt Rath and his team have to prepare around 500 à la carte dishes on weekdays and up to 1000 at the weekend.
- A large work surface was necessary for preparing dishes and laying them out for serving.
- Norbert Raible, owner of Kart Palast Funpark, and Oliver Hardt, CEO, wanted a red range to stay in line with the corporate colour scheme of the park.
- After having consulted the company D.u.E. Günther, Raible and Hardt made the decision to opt for Ambach Chef 850 line.
- D.u.E. Günther monitored design and installation of the double Chef 850 range with its considerable length of 3.40 m. The range is fitted with high-performance equipment, including a multipurpose bratt pan, steak grill, hob with ceramic induction plates, four bain-maries, a high-performance fryer and H3 neutral base units which offer a lot of space.
- The range is situated on a plinth and is connected to “Sicotronic”, an energy optimisation system which only distributes the electrical power necessary for the device in operation.
- All equipment was integrated into a hygienic top and the addition of folding side tops makes the mise-en-place effortless.
- Mutual satisfaction all round as the range guarantees excellent results and provide maximum productivity and quality.
- The partner D.u.E. Günther was decidedly enthusiastic with the results of the teamwork – “it was excellent joint work, what more could you ask for?”