Conad is the second-ranking Italian mass retailing chain, known for its quality and low-price products alongside with its ability to promptly meet the changing consumer habits of Italian families.
In order to launch its first retail outlet with the restyled Iperconad brand, Conad chose Quasar Village, the impressive shopping centre in Corciano in the province of Perugia.
The centre, one of the largest in the whole of Umbria, includes as many as 60 different stores distributed over a surface area of almost 24,000 square metres. The kitchen at Iperconad serves as many as 300 covers throughout the day, from lunch to happy hour and dinner.
- In order to prepare the ready-made meals on sale Iperconad needed a modern kitchen with high-tech appliances that ensures consistent energy saving.
- The machinery, albeit innovative, had to be simple to use also by non-specialist staff.
- Cleaning had to be quick and easy. The tight pace of selling imposed by the opening hours of the supermarket required maximum speed and efficiency.
- The project was extremely important and had to be a complete success. There wass no room for failure as this is the pilot Project, with a capital P, the launch pad for renewal of the Iperconad brand, that will see the opening of new outlets throughout Italy.
- Iperconad chose Vanghetti as the most suitable partner for meeting its needs.
- The Umbrian firm, with as many as 30 years’ experience in food service equipment, proposed the Chef 850 Ambach line, perfect for the hypermarket kitchen thanks to its ruggedness and ergonomics.
- The single modules, thanks to the “fork” joining system, ensure total hygiene and maximum configuration flexibility to best meet the needs of the constantly working kitchen.
- The digital controls of the Ambach machines allow simple and immediate control of all the user functions and demonstrate a perfect mix of technological innovation and software applied to cooking systems.
- The lack of protruding parts on the control panel thanks to flush installation of the digital controls and the elimination of all regulation knobs makes cleaning of the entire range faster and simpler.
- Synergic work between Ambach and Vanghetti technical staff enabled flawless installation, testing and start-up of the project.
- Ambach technical staff also dealt with the training phase in order to illustrate in detail the working of the machines with a view to optimising use by staff.
- Thanks to careful management the consumption rate is unbelievably reduced compared to a traditional system of cooking.