Located directly on the South Tyrolean Wine Route, in the rolling hills above Bolzano, the Hotel Mandelhof offers a wonderful starting point for hiking or cycling tours, trips to the swimming lakes or simply a relaxing day in 6,150 square meters of greenery with an outdoor pool and wellness area.
- The entire kitchen area was redesigned with a focus on optimizing logistics, routes, ergonomics, performance, and technology.
- More space and a pleasant and efficient working environment should be created for employees.
- A new Island had to fit exactly to the customer’s requirements in terms of work processes and room layout.
- The quality of the food and service should be increased as part of an optimal kitchen layout.
- The visual appearance also has to be right – guests at the Mandelhof are welcome to take a look into the kitchen at any time.
- The decision was made in favour of Ambach because the company is known for high-quality cooking technology and is a local manufacturer.
- In order to expand the existing space, several walls were broken through, and the former boiler room was relocated. This created space for, among other things, a warehouse with cold cells, a preparation line, a dishwashing line and the main kitchen. Ambach tailored the new cooking block precisely to the needs of the Hotel Mandelhof, so that it fits optimally into the new kitchen layout with short distances and efficient work processes. From both sides you can access the passport, storage, and combi steamer in just a few steps.
- The island has a starter line with induction, pasta cooker and bratt-pan as well as a starter line with grill, deep fryer and induction. The kitchen is designed for three to four cooks, but depending on how busy the restaurant is, it can also easily be served by one cook.
- A cooking block from the System 700 line was installed, supplemented with System 850 modules, with a one-piece hygienic top.
- Equipped with the Ambach Electronic Control and the digital thermostats from Ambach, the temperature can be adjusted to an accuracy of up to 1°C, all processes and recipes can be displayed precisely, Electronic Control also enables all relevant usage and consumption data to be read out.
- The Electronic Control enables the monitoring of the device status and energy consumption of all connected devices with the option for optimization if, for example, cooking devices are switched on at high temperatures all day. Any device failure is detected immediately and can be remedied by the technician before any disruption to operations occurs.
- Another major advantage of electronic control is the smart regulation of the entire circuit: the system intelligently distributes the power to all connected consumers so that power peaks are reduced. The chefs don’t notice this optimization because it runs in the background. You can use all devices as usual.