The Hilton Bournemouth is one of the most exclusive hotels in the UK.
Set in a strategic position just five minutes by foot from the beach and the international conference centre in Bournemouth, it is the ideal place for a relaxing holiday and, at the same time, a convenient base for reaching London in less than two hours.
The hotel is famous for the Schpoons & Forx restaurant, managed by celebrity chef Matt Tebbutt, and for LEVEL8IGHT, one of the highest sky bars in Bournemouth. Located on the eighth floor of the building, the bar has a terrace with a truly spectacular view over the town.
- For this new hotel in Bournemouth, the Hilton chain needed three kitchens: a main one, a kitchen for show cooking in the restaurant and one for the sky bar.
- For the restaurant, Hilton needed a high-performance and good-looking kitchen. From breakfast to show cooking at lunch and dinner, the restaurant aims to offer hotel and other guests a memorable culinary experience. The design of the new kitchen had to take into account the large wood oven that occupies a significant part of the working space available.
- The bar kitchen on the eighth floor also posed various logistic and installation problems due to its location.
- The equipment had to extremely high performance and chosen carefully because of the limited spaces in the kitchens.
- The Ambach Chef 850 line was chosen both for the restaurant and the sky bar as the most suitable solution for the space constraints. It is modular and able to offer the greatest freedom of configuration. Thanks to the hygienic joint system, Chef 850 is also easy to clean and attractive.
- All in all 24 Ambach products were installed: hobs, fryers, bratt pans and boilers. The high flexibility of the solution proposed enabled a made-to-measure pasta cooker and fridge unit to be included.
- Intracat monitored the project management and installation of the equipment together with Humble Arnold Associates consultants.
- The structural work on the building lasted almost one year, while the kitchens were installed in four weeks. Ambach UK dealt directly with staff training on site.
- The result is one of high impact. The innovative design of Schpoons & Forx and LEVEL8IGHT makes a stay at the Hilton Bournemouth a truly unique and memorable experience.
- All those involved in the project were extremely satisfied. Lee Williams, Intracat project manager, commented, “The Chef 850 line is rugged and allows full-on work in limited spaces. Working with Alistair Farquhar, Ambach UK country manager, and the whole team from the company was a fantastic experience. Their time management and maximum focus on every detail were great”.
- “We’re fully aware of Hilton’s requirements and we only select companies aligned with their quality standards. We knew that Hilton was very familiar with Ambach and we were certain that its kitchens were totally compliant with such a high-end hotel”, added Stephen Arnold, director of the company Humble Arnold.