The Emma Hellenstainer college was opened in Bolzano for professional training in the areas of hospitality and catering. Having relocated in 1983 to Bressanone to expand the spaces intended for the students, the college courses today include the two-year hospitality course and the three-year professional training course for waiters, chefs, bakers and pastry chefs.
The college is dedicated to Emma Hellenstainer, pioneer and driving force behind the development of tourism in Trentino Alto Adige.
A place of training and education in quality cuisine, the Emma Hellenstainer college also assists job-seeking students, working in close contact with the hospitality structures in the region.
- The college needed to replace the old ranges, installed as far back as 25 years ago. Three new ranges were to be installed in their place, as well as chillers supplied to allow students to get to know the various machines and to learn to use them.
- The ranges, to be built with a single hygienic worktop, had to integrate a considerable number of machines to mirror the workflow of an actual professional kitchen.
- The aesthetic aspect was also important. As a vital part of the design, a kitchen was requested with also an attractive appearance and which picked out the colour of some aesthetic features of the existing decor.
- The Hellenstainer college, on the strength of a twenty-year working partnership with Niederbacher, once again endorsed its choice of the company also in the remodelling of the new kitchens.
- The kitchen is composed of three identical ranges from the Chef 850 line with a single hygienic worktop, in which a multipurpose machine has been integrated with IQ850 touch control. In this way the students in each class (on average from 18 to 22) work in a group on three ranges.
- Chef 850 with single hygienic worktop was found to be perfect for the college’s needs: rugged and high performance, it is ideal for being put to the test every day by the students.
- Through a process of powder coating on stainless steel, the control panel was coloured in the same RAL colour as some finishes of the existing decor.
- An interesting aspect which makes the new kitchen totally original is the rotating top for installing the oven provided in each range.
- There were two major critical features to be managed: installing of the kitchen on the first floor, which meant using a crane to carry it through the window, and the very tight schedule, just five working days for carrying out complete installation of the entire kitchen.
- Thanks to optimal management it was possible to complete the project within the schedule set, much to the satisfaction of the college head and chef instructors.
- The new kitchen perfectly combines quality, function and design and, also in terms of performance, stands far apart from the equipment of other brands, as underlined by chef Rubner.
- The project work was turnkey with coordination of the electrical part (installation of a new panel and current optimisation system) and the hydraulic part (restoration of existing connections).