The Burger & Lobster Bank (BLB) restaurant is situated in the centre of Munich, behind the well-known Bayerischer Hof 5-star boutique hotel. Located in a building dating back more than 150 years and once used as a bank, BLB today welcomes customers from all over the world, including a large number of famous figures and royalty.
Burger & Lobster Bank is a famous and very popular restaurant. It contains an area set aside for business lunches and fine dining and a room used for aperitifs after work with a wide choice of cocktails and snacks. This is all rounded off by the “Stock Market”, the space used for events.
The candlelit restaurant and the bar offer a wide variety of simple seasonal dishes yet always prepared with the utmost care: very fresh lobster, succulent steaks, salads and grilled hamburgers.
- The restaurant and bar have capacity for up to 170 covers. à la carte menu a range was required which allows simultaneous work on both sides, saving time and space. A second range was also needed for the mise-en-place both in the restaurant and in the area used for events where the number of guests can rise to 700.
- Manager Moritz Haake had extremely clear ideas about the new kitchen for the restaurant.
- The new kitchen had to be very rugged, high-performance and compact in order not to take up too much space and facilitate the work flow as far as possible.
- The building in which the restaurant is located is period and therefore raised quite a few structural problems. They included the need to install joists under the kitchen for greater stability and the entrance door to the kitchen, small and narrow.
- The consortium of investors and the manager Haake opted for MC Gastronomieplanung, the German company specialising in the design and supply of custom solutions of high quality designed to be eco-friendly.
- A cooktop from the Ambach Exclusive Range line was chosen for the BLB kitchen, allowing work on both sides.
- The Ambach Chef 850 line was instead chosen for the kitchen for the events area, with a three-metre-long modular range and the exclusive and unique Ambach Joining System which makes cleaning enormously easier for perfect hygiene.
- The range, weighing in at the considerable weight of 1.2 tonnes, was rotated through 90° in order to be transported into the kitchen, thus solving the problem of entering through the narrow doorway.
- Renovation work on the building lasted one year, while restyling of the kitchen took seven months.
- MC Gastronomieplanung monitored the entire project and coordinated the various parties involved, working closely with Moritz Haake and Ambach.
- The end result perfectly met the needs of Burger & Lobster Bank and the high satisfaction expressed by the client has led to the launching of a new project.