The AmaLucia and AmaSiena river cruise ships launched this year to join the celebrated European fleet of AmaWaterways, enhancing the offer for which the American company is renowned, offering exceptional standards of comfort and luxury in river cruising. These include double balcony cabins, connecting cabins and a range of dining options from the delicious cuisine of the Chef’s Table restaurant.
Sister ships of the award-winning AmaLea and AmaKristina, the elegant AmaLucia and AmaSiena travel the cruise routes along the Rhine between Basel and Amsterdam with a capacity of 168 passengers each.
- For the two new ships, AmaWaterways needed extremely reliable, high-performance kitchen equipment suitable for non-stop use, throughout the day from breakfast to dinner.
- The available space was very limited and the galley was located at the ground floor of the ship.
- The equipment also had to be extremely flexible and easy to work on to allow for any maintenance whilst cruising.
- Together with their partner company Ahorn Grootkeukentechniek B.V., AmaWaterways chose the reliability, flexibility and performance of the Ambach appliances from the System 850 and Chef 850 lines.
- Thanks to the special joining system developed by Ambach, the appliances guarantee a robust, hygienic seal.
- Post installation, the chefs on board were fully trained in the use of the equipment whilst the on-board engineering team instructed on how best to deal with any servicing requirements.
- The working group led by Frank Verschure had about three months to install the kitchen complete with stainless steel cladding, extraction and cooking appliances.