Located just under one kilometre away from Bergen Airport, in Norway, the Hotel Scandic Flesland Airport is the largest conference centre in the country, with its 27 conference rooms including the largest one with capacity for up to 1,100 people. Nicknamed “the golden hotel” due to the colour of its façade, Scandic represents excellence in the world of Norwegian hospitality and also boasts the Nordic Swan Ecolabel, the mark that certifies eco-friendly and sustainable production and activities.
- Scandic Flesland Airport wanted to meet in the best possible way the needs of all its guests, from families to single travellers, holiday-makers to those travelling for work. The aim was to provide everyone with a comfortable environment in which to stay and enjoy high-quality cuisine with many different dishes to suit all tastes.
- The hotel has three kitchens: the main one, used for preparation and banqueting, an open kitchen for the Flight Mode restaurant, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and, finally, a third kitchen for the Italian restaurant Popolo Osteria & Bar.
- It was essential for Scandic to have in every kitchen an environment which allows work with the utmost flexibility and hygiene and the guarantee of the highest levels of quality and results.
- It was also very important for the kitchens to also be attractive and therefore with crafted design, particularly in the case of the open kitchen of Flight Mode.
- To manage the project Scandic chose as its partner Metos, the company in the Ali Group that specialised in turnkey projects for the professional catering world. Metos proposed the Ambach kitchens from the Chef 850 and System 900 Double Service lines, designed according to the hotel’s requirements.
- Thanks to the innovative joining system Chef 850 was found to be the ideal solution for Scandic thanks to the great flexibility, freedom of configuration and guarantee of maximum hygiene. System 900, in the Double Service version, allows work simultaneously on both sides of the island, ensuring the highest performances in terms of productivity and speed of preparation.
- An integral part of the project was the supply by Metos of equipment for refrigeration and washing as well the service of training kitchen staff.
- The success of the entire project was brought about by the great team work between client, Metos and Ambach, who worked together and stored up each other’s expertise.