Haymarket by Scandic is the hotel opened in 2016 by the Scandic group, the Northern European hotel giant which includes a network of as many as 230 hotels distributed in seven countries on the old continent. A perfect blend of tradition and modernity, the Haymarket’s characteristic is the sophisticated style which combines art deco details with custom-built architectural features.
In its interior the Paul’s brasserie offers a mix of dishes and flavours from the best known European kitchens for best possible service for the guests staying in the 400 rooms plus in the hotel.
- The hotel’s requirements were equally specific and challenging: an open kitchen with a vaguely “salon” feel, a design with Twenties inspiration and peerless performances. Every day the restaurant welcomes up to 1400 guests. For this reason the kitchen has to guarantee total menu flexibility and quality, alongside the highest performances and maximum safety.
- The new kitchen also has to be extremely well crafted in every detail and allow simple and fast cleaning for the highest degree of hygiene.
- Additionally the island had also to be flexible in order to adapt to all possible future changes. It was therefore essential to find a modular solution that would allow broad freedom of configuration to leave room for the chef’s creativity in the kitchen.
- Haymarket turned for advice to Metos, company in the Ali group specialised in the supply of solutions for professional kitchens.
- To best meet the needs of the hotel Metos staked on Ambach kitchens, in particular the Chef 850 modular line which allows the widest freedom of configuration together with the highest standards of hygiene thanks to the exclusive joining system through which not even a drip can pass through.
- The island installed was designed ad hoc with a single hygiene top and includes a series of exclusive bonus features including a state-of-the-art fire fighting system.
- The range includes electric induction hobs and grill, a combi oven and salamander, all located in the upper part and separated by two refrigerators which are instead located in the lower part. “We wanted the refrigeration to be independent from the kitchen for prompt and easy intervention if there’s a problem or it needs servicing”, explained Georg Dissertori, Ambach sales manager.
- The fire fighting system was also designed specifically for the hotel thanks to the synergy between Ambach and Metos. It is connected to the fire fighting system of the hotel so that, when the hotel alarm is triggered, work in the kitchen stops.
- Installation posed a further challenge. The range was assembled in situ as there were no lifts. “We had to hire a crate to bring everything up to the level of the kitchen”, commented Lennart Kilman, key account manager at Metos. “Once there, we had to build a wooden floor over the marble floor installed for the kitchen. It was quite complex”.
- Excellent results were achieved in terms of installation and quality of the machinery supplied. Everything was made possible thanks to excellent communication at all levels among the various players involved in the project.
- The hotel was very satisfied. “The flexibility of the Ambach solutions enabled us to design the kitchen exactly as we wanted”, explained Daniel Hermansson, Food & Beverage manager with Haymarket. “The kitchen has an exclusive design, its performances are outstanding and it offers an extraordinary level of flexibility. We couldn’t have wished for more”, concluded Hermansson.