The Miramar Club Hotel is known as one of the finest hotel facilities in Bulgaria and is an integral part of the HVD Hotels – Hospitality Variety Dedication Group.
Overlooking the Black Sea, the hotel opened its doors to guests in 2006 offering a mix of relaxation, fun, and entertainment in the setting of a truly unique landscape.
To completely satisfy the needs of its guests, the hotel has created extensive culinary offerings through a vast choice of restaurants, including The Blu, serving Italian cuisine with an à la carte menu.
Located on the sixth floor of the hotel, the restaurant provides a magnificent terrace with breath-taking views of the Black Sea.
- The Hotel wanted to add to guests’ experiences during their stay by creating a destination restaurant.
- The space available for creating the kitchen was small, confined, and irregular in shape. The equipment therefore had to be easily adaptable to the environment and, at the same time, extremely high performing in order to serve over 80 covers per day.
- The time available for carrying out the work was decidedly limited. All the work had to be carried out in a few short months to be ready for the start of the summer season.
- The space at the attic level on the sixth floor of the main building and the large adjacent terrace were used to create the restaurant space, the ideal setting for creating a restaurant with panoramic views.
- To best meet the needs of the Hotel, Architects and Project Managers from the company AVA-M Ltd appointed for the project, chose the equipment Ambach System 700, the compact and high-performance line, ideal for medium-sized kitchens where space is at a premium. With its innovative features and cutting-edge design System 700 is the perfect solution for those who do not accept compromises between style, quality, flexibility, power and performance.
- In order to equip The Blu kitchen, Ambach supplied a complete solution including: a double hob, a four hob, flat grill, pasta cookers, and gas fryers, H3 hygienic open base units with ad hoc design completed the design. The worktops were fitted with the exclusive Ambach “Seamless” joining system which combines the widest freedom of configuration of a modular kitchen with the highest standards of hygiene.
- With such a well-organised kitchen, the restaurant can serve around 150 covers per day and offers an à la carte menu with 10 main dishes.
- The work was completed in around five months. There were several challenges and critical factors faced including; delivery of the equipment by crane up to the sixth floor of the hotel and then assembly in situ.
- AVA-M Ltd then completed the tests and commissioning on the equipment as well as providing staff training utilising their executive chef.