The Well is a spa and bathhouse resort in Kolbotn, a few kilometers outside Oslo. At 10,500 Sq M it is the largest Spa resort in the Nordic countries with 11 swimming pools (indoor and outdoor), 15 saunas and Turkish baths, more than 100 showers, a bath with Japanese Onsen hot springs, an oriental Hammam, several relaxation rooms, a restaurant and several bars. This makes The Well a genuine paradise for mind and body.
- The development was initially launched in 2015 as a day spa with the intention to expand the offer to include overnight accommodation as a wellness retreat.
- From the early design stage it was evident that the existing kitchen would have to be modified to meet the needs of the restaurant, with its a la carte menu for lunch, dinner and breakfast service, preparation for conference and meeting buffets and room-service meals.
- One of the most difficult challenges was therefore to increase the productivity of the kitchen whilst maintaining the original kitchen footprint, to streamline production and workflow and maximizing storage space.
- Following detailed analysis of the foodservice areas, opportunities for improvement were identified and solutions proposed.
- Between the customer and consultant, a decision was made to proceed with a high-performance workstation that was capable of responding to the varied daily and seasonal menus. Flexibility was therefore critical in their final evaluation
- The result was the inclusion of an Ambach cooking island from the System 850 line, almost 4.5 meters long, consisting of two induction ranges, two induction woks, a plancha and clever use of refrigerated counters and drawers.